VMware Communities
daduda
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Windows XP will not shut down

I have been running Windows XP SP2 for servral months and it has been working fine. Last week I shut down the VM and during the shut down process XP froze. It has been installing teh 3rd of 3 updates for close to a week. The only thing the machine will respond to is suspend, which puts me right where I left off when I resume the machine session. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have attached a screen shot.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
borisdusek
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Fusion menubar > Virtual Machine > hold down the option (alt) key and select "Reset" (to restart) or "Power off" (to just shutdown) - these are analogous to hitting the restart button on your PC case / unplugging the power cord, respectively (i.e. this is not the same as "Restart Guest" and "Shutdown guest")

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
borisdusek
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Fusion menubar > Virtual Machine > hold down the option (alt) key and select "Reset" (to restart) or "Power off" (to just shutdown) - these are analogous to hitting the restart button on your PC case / unplugging the power cord, respectively (i.e. this is not the same as "Restart Guest" and "Shutdown guest")

0 Kudos
daduda
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That was simple:-), thank you!

0 Kudos