A friend of mine got his Fusion upgraded to 7.1.1 recently, and then could not start Windows 7 64 bit virtual machine. The screen stopped as follows,
Windows Boot Manager
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the program:
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. choose your language settings, and then click "next"
3. click "repair your computer."
If your do not have disk, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
info: the boot selector failed because a required device is inaccessible.
After following the steps suggested to repair the computer, I saw the same error message.
Also tried are:
1. reset the BIOS to factory default and reboot, got the same error.
2. ran the "bootrec /RebuildBcd“ after booting from CD and restart, got the same error.
Anyone got into similar problems and what is the fix? Any sharing of your experiences or solutions, or suggestions are appreciated.