VMware Communities
libhf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Windows 7 Guest on Fusion 3.1.3 OSX Lion -- Print jobs duplicated

In the Windows 7 guest when I try to print a document, the printer orange light blinks but nothing happens. Checking the "what's printing" shows there are 0 documents to be printed. I am using the Thin Print Port PS Driver.

After clicking the "print" button a second time (waited about 2-3 minutes), the printer starts immediately printing the document in question.

However, when I try to print a second document, the printer immediately prints another copy of the first documnt, and I have to click on "print" again for the second document to print.

I changed the printing from 'queue" to "direct to printer" option in Windows guest. No change. In the VM settings shared printing is enabled, and the default printer for the virtual machine "matches the default printer on the Mac".

Changing the driver to the virtual USB driver for Windows 7 produced the same results.

I am wondering if this is a Fusion version issue because I am running Lion. But before paying $ 50 for an upgrade to 4.x I want to exhaust all other possiblities

I wonder if anyone is experiencing the same issue, and if there is a workaround. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
srnhpp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Nice to see you that you have got the solution..
Virtual Power

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
srnhpp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think it's printer setting problem. Which printer you are using? Could you please ppost detail of your printer.
Virtual Power
0 Kudos
libhf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The printer is Laserjet 1020 of HP.

Would these snapshots provide useful information?

0 Kudos
libhf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I agree with you, it is a printer issue. There is no driver for the Laserjet 1020 for Lion. A substitute driver is the 1022, but that works successfully only on the host machine. I tested the 1020 on the windows7, and it works normally through the virtual USB connection. Thanks.

0 Kudos
srnhpp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Nice to see you that you have got the solution..
Virtual Power
0 Kudos