VMware Communities
Tom1Indy
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 upgrade not run due to non-compliant

Running VM Fusion 8.1.0 on year-old iMac.  Have been running Windows 7 64-bit with no problems.  Windows popped up info to upgrade to Windows 10. When I click the Windows 10 upgrade icon, I get the error message that I cannot upgrade to Windows 10 because the VMware SVGA 3D display has not been made compatible with Windows 10.

How do I get around this?  Is there something in the settings that I am overlooking ... or do I need to download and create the ISO image for Windows 10 and go that route rather than letting Windows upgrade itself?   Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hello,

This is a known report and while the windows check report cannot be changed to not report this error, Windows 10 has no problem with the graphics card itself. Please read the following post for a solution.

http://blogs.vmware.com/teamfusion/2015/07/windows-10-svga-upgrade-issue.html

The solution is indeed like you suggest to download the ISO yourself. But I recommend to read over the steps in the above link anyways.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
tliugogo
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Thanks for posting. This error was caused by Windows upgrade application issue.

You can use windows 10 iso image to upgrade. (Mount ISO to cd/dvd and startup VM from cd/dvd)

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos