VMware Communities
ElleryITSB
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 network adapter

Hi all!

I have a Windows 10 guest, everything was running fine, but after a windows update the network adapter is not working  anymore, it appears with an exclamation mark in the device manager and I cannot update it.

I tried: Reinstall VMWare Fusion, reinstall vmware tools, update the driver, remove latest updates

With no success, have you experienced before?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
billearl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I recently experienced something like this. A few weeks ago, I couldn't connect to the Internet from a VM. The network adapter was set to Bridged (Autodetect), so I switched to NAT, and it worked again (after ~ 1 minute). This was not universal and only applied to certain VM's.

In the last few days, I ran into the same problem of not connecting to the Internet, but switching back to Bridged fixed it. No explanation, except that it worked.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Not sure what happened, but in your case I would shut down, remove the network adapter, add the network adapter again and boot.

You might want to make a snapshot before removing the network adapter "just in case".

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos