VMware Communities
lurched
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 - black screen after login

I am running the latest version of Fusion, 10.0.1, on my iMac Desktop (macOS V10.13 - High Sierra), with two (2) Windows 10 VM's. After logging in both VM's go to a black screen.  This occurred after latest Windows update.  I have tried suggestions from other posts but none of them seem to help.  I am looking for some more ideas.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

You really should not have tagged onto this old thread as there are way more recent onces discussing this, the issue you are having is curable.

In macOS itself you have to allow the screen recording entitlement under menu -> apple -> preferences -> security & privacy

If you are on VMware Fusion 11.x then it should ask you and Fusion should be in the list.

If you are on VMware Fusion 10.x -or earlier- then it does not ask, nor is there a way around that AFAIK except for installing Fusion 11.x

Sounds like you are on macOS Mojave or Catalina and in both cases VMware Fusion 11.5 is the supported version.

For more info see: Re: Fusion 10.1.6 and MacOS CATALINA?

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos