VMware Communities
wowobaci
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 Home Version 20H2, onFusion 12.1.2, on MacOS 11.6

I installed VMware Tools new. (I remember inaccurate, that I made a touch like "repair")

Now I get all entities of the Mac Desktop mirrored to the Desktop of Windows 10.

How can a stay clear of this mirroring.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is an area of VMTN for Fusion, you posted this thread in the area for a vSphere security advisory.

A moderator should come along and move it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

The post has been moved to the VMware Fusion area.

re. the problem.

Menu -> Virtual machine -> Settings -> Sharing

Uncheck the checkboxes for mirroring.

Hope this helps,
--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
wowobaci
Contributor
Contributor

Hallo Will,

many thanks for your answer. I see, that the settings work on my problem.

In png 1.1 and 1.2 you will see the start.

In png  2.1  I deleted the first hook.   /   Restart.   /    The result is shown in 2.2.
The "\\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Schreibtisch" is not available (the German word "Schreibtisch" means "desktop".

In png 3.1 two hooks are deleted.    /   Restart   /   3.3 is same result as 2.2

In png 4.1 all hooks are distinguished   /   Restart   /   4.2 is result of 4.1:  no access to \\vmware-host\Shared Folders\
bottom "cncel" shows png 4.3    /  

Kind regards

Wolfgang Schmatz, Germany , Kiel

wolfgang.schmatz@gmx.de

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Wolfgang,

Sorry, perhaps you need to reboot your VM after disabling this feature? It's just a guess.
I have literally never used this feature myself, just know it exists and figured to tell you where the configuration for it is located.

Doesn't look like that the official documentation has more details either.
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Fusion/12/com.vmware.fusion.using.doc/GUID-D6BD2D7D-2E90-42A1-A7A2...

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
0 Kudos
wowobaci
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Will,

I do not understand the first indstruction   Select > Virtual Machine Library

Where should I start this Instruktion? 

I am not familiär with windows. Since ten years I use a Mac. I need windows just for one application..

Thanks

Wolfgang

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

The Virtual Machine Library is a screen in VMware Fusion.

(Menu -> Window -> Virtual Machine Library)

--
Wil

0 Kudos
wowobaci
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Wil,

sorry for my ignorance. Where should I find the menu in the attached png?

Thanks Wolfgang

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Wolfgang,

The menu is all the way at the top.
So in your case the "Window" menu is called "Fenster", because it is localized and in German.

--
Wil

0 Kudos