VMware Communities
avanveld
Contributor
Contributor

WinXP time lags when OSX sleeps

Running OSX 10.5.5, WinXP Pro, VM Fusion 2.0.1. WinXP is in BootCamp which i load w/ VMF. Occasionally need to boot to WinXP so BC is necessary.

When i sleep the Mac (MBPro if it matters) and restart later, the WinXP time is still the time from yesterday or whenever the computer was slept. It eventually (quite a few minutes - even half hour) catches up but i'd certainly prefer that it happens right away.

Am i missing a setting?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Do you have VMware Tools installed, and do you have time synchronization enabled (check the Toolbox)?

avanveld
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried to install the toolbox and it seems to go successfully but when i restart Fusion the menu still says "install toolbox". A bit confused!

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

when i restart Fusion the menu still says "install toolbox"

Do you mean "Install VMware Tools"? If the Tools are working, you can ignore this (and the menu may also be correct if you check before Tools becomes active in the guest).

0 Kudos
avanveld
Contributor
Contributor

OK- i think it should be good, now. Time Sync was unchecked. In the morning I'll find out if this fixes things. Maybe i need to read more about Fusion!! I've been running it 11 1/2 mos but did it w/out any outside influence. Tks much for yr help/Peace

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Maybe i need to read more about Fusion

Always a good thing Smiley Happy Try Fusion's Help, and documents in the forum such as .

0 Kudos