VMware Communities
mburstin
Contributor
Contributor

Win8.1 multiple displays in Unity mode

VMWare Fusion Pro 6.0.2

late 2013 MBP, 16GB memory

I have 2 different Windows 8.1 x64 virtual machines.  One of them was installed fresh on my Mac with VMWare Fusion and another one was installed as Windows 8.0 on my VMWare ESXi (free version) server 5.0.  The VM was then upgrade to Win8.1.  I then exported the machine to an .ova file and imported into VMWare Fusion on my Mac.  The ESXi machine was at some point upgraded to ESXi 5.5 but I don't remember if it was before or after updating to 8.1 or before or after doing the export.

In any case, the machine that I created using Fusion is able to go into Unity mode and see both my internal display and external monitor in Unity mode.  When Win8.1 boots up, the login screen shows "display 1" and "display 2" and then starts to use both displays immediately.   The machine that was exported from ESXi/imported into Fusion is not able to use the second display.  I don't see both displays prior to logging in and can't see both displays after it enters unity.

Any ideas how to debug/resolve the problem?

The info in the following did NOT help at all:  Use Multiple Displays in Unity View

0 Kudos
0 Replies