VMware Communities
sgartman
Contributor
Contributor

Will disable menu bar be a feature?

Hello,

I'm working on a Kiosk app where I need to have the menu bar disabled, not just auto-hidden. Will disabling the apple menu bar be a future feature?

I'm using RC1 (50460) and it has been stable and great. I'm ready to pre-order, but I can only do so if I know that this will be a feature.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

We'll be revisiting full-screen functionality in a future release, but at this point we've announced that there won't be any new features for 1.0.

Note that you can disable the specialized VMware mouse in your virtual machine and return to the normal guest mouse, and the menu bar at the top of the screen will not drop down.

http://www.vmware.com/products/beta/fusion/releasenotes_fusion.html#games

===

To customize the virtual machine's mouse settings for playing games, use TextEdit to make the following changes while the virtual machine is powered off:

In the virtual machine directory, add the following line to the end of the virtual machine's configuration (.vmx) file:

vmmouse.present = "FALSE"

In your home directory, add the following line to the end of the file ~/Library/Preferences/VMware Fusion/preferences:

pref.motionUngrab = "FALSE"

===

0 Kudos