VMware Communities
trebor66
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Why no full screen after installing windows 8(over windows 7) Is there a solution?

I used Windows 7 , with VMware Fusion, and had no problem with the screen, when I decide to choose for full screen, I got a full screen.

After installing windows 8.1 over windows 7 I have a problem with full screen, of course I can choose full screen but then I don't get the max screen. The windows 8 view is only 33% of the screen I think or maybe 50, but that's not what I want. How is it possible to change this, or is it not possible? When I choose full screen of course I want to see windows 8 over the complete screen, not for a part

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello trebor66,

Welcome at the VMware communities forum.

First thing to try is to completely uninstall VMware Tools (if still installed), reboot, then install VMware Tools (and reboot again).

Does that help?

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello trebor66,

Welcome at the VMware communities forum.

First thing to try is to completely uninstall VMware Tools (if still installed), reboot, then install VMware Tools (and reboot again).

Does that help?

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
trebor66
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

that's what did it, problem solved:-) Thanks for reply

0 Kudos