VMware Communities
DallasJeff
Contributor
Contributor

Why no fix for the huge number of bugs introduced in 5.02

Why you won't fix the huge number of bugs you guys introduced in VMWare Fusion 5.0.2. It's been 5 months and I am still unable to use your buggy product. Why do you refuse to fix your huge number of bugs that affect a large part of your customer base. Why no support ? Are you outsourcing to the extent that you don't do anything ? Are you selling the product, going out of business ? What is the reason for the absolute lack of support for VMWare Fusion ?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
SvenGus
Expert
Expert

Indeed, let's hope that there will soon be a 5.1 release with quite substantial bug fixes: Fusion 5 "as it should have been"...

0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi DallasJeff,

It's been three months and twelve days since WoodyZ first asked you for a support information bundle from your 2008 MacBook Pro so that we might have a chance to understand the problem you're having there...  If you have provided it already and I didn't see it, I'd appreciate a pointer to it.

In the meantime, have you tried reverting your affected systems back to Fusion 5.0.1?  Does that allow you to continue using Fusion as usual?

Thanks,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
DallasJeff
Contributor
Contributor

FIX YOUR BUGS !!!!

0 Kudos
DallasJeff
Contributor
Contributor

Why should I have to go through true pain and suffering of reinstalling your buggy a pop just so you can fix the bugs you should be catching in testing. In any event. You have the bugs. Why won't you fix them ? Your finger pointing is getting old. It's Apple's operating system. You should support it. PERIOD !!!

0 Kudos
DallasJeff
Contributor
Contributor

Also, when I first encountered the errors on the 2008 MBP, you refused to believe that your code had any bugs and all you could do was blame Apple for all your woes. I had the information at that time but you kept insisting it wasn't your issue…. Awesome support. Ha

0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

*sigh*

You continue to resist our efforts to help you, and continue to throw around baseless accusations that demonstrate a remarkable inability to actually read and understand my posts.

We can't help people who don't want to be helped.

*plonk*

0 Kudos
DallasJeff
Contributor
Contributor

Darius, if you wanted to help why not stop finger pointing and release a fix for all your bugs ….. You refused to listen and still insist you guys have no issues. Yes, I guess you can't be helped.

0 Kudos
SvenGus
Expert
Expert

Of course, I only meant in general, but in particular it would be a good thing to get back the VMDKMounter in Fusion 5.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

What bugs?  Specifically?  What ones have you provided a support bundle for?  What ones have you actually diagnosed and confirmed as issues?  What ones have you submitted to tech support via offical support means (not the user-to-user forums)?

0 Kudos