VMware Communities
MacSolidWorks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When will Fusion beta be done with the debug mode?

Just wondering if any of you Fusion guys at VMTN know when we can expect a new release of Fusion Beta that does NOT have the debug mode always turned on?

I'd like to see how fast this is at full tilt!

-Thanks

Those who say it cannot be done shouldn't interrupt the people doing it.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Not sure what you mean by "Fusion guys at VMTN", but HPReg has said not until the release candidate stage, date unspecified.

http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?messageID=539731&#539731

MacSolidWorks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I meant the persons employed by VMTN that are working on the Fusion Beta.

Thanks for the info...I'll stop holding my breath.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

The company name is VMware, an EMC company. The marketing program is VMTN (as was the developer subscription product formerly-known-as). I'm not sure who's name is on the pay stub, probably "VMware."

MacSolidWorks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well, I'm very glad I know more than I ever wanted to know about the VMware corporation. I think I can sleep well tonight knowing the actual name of the company.

Thanks guys...you saved my life.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The folks you talk to on this forum with the little VMware logo next to their name are real VMware employees- most of them the actual engineers working on Fusion. As far as I know, we don't have anyone on here that's paid just to post on the forum.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

>Thanks guys...you saved my life.

Be careful we'll send you back to school across town in College Station... Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
MacSolidWorks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I believe that's spelled skool...stupid longhorns!

0 Kudos
aliasme
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think I asked this once before and it's probably been covered a couple of times, but is it possible to hack the config file to ignore debugging? Or is the debug code so inline right now there's not a global option to ignore it without doing a full recompile (therefore we must wait)?

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

>there's not a global option to ignore it without doing a full recompile, therefore we must wait.

This part of your edited sentence is the answer until at least a release candidate.

0 Kudos