VMware Communities
Manatee932
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What time with the 3.0 upgrade be available online?

At what time will the 3.0 upgrade be available online?

I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow (the 27th) and may not have web access for a couple of days. I'm hoping I'll be able to get the new version to play with before I go. It'll depend on what time the upgrade is available on the website.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmcorbett
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
9 Replies
kmcorbett
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It's here

0 Kudos
kpfaulkner
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I bought fusion 2 last week and even the receipt says I get a free upgrade to 3.

Any idea how I get said upgrade? (it was the only reason I bought 2 last week and didn't just wait until now to get 3).

sigh

Ken

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Ken,

You will get an e-mail in the next week to fulfill your free upgrade to VMware Fusion 3.

Pat

0 Kudos
iFrodo75
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ken,

You will get an e-mail in the next week to fulfill your free upgrade to VMware Fusion 3.

Pat

In the next week? Why is it so long? I was expecting myself to get the instruction the very same day of 3.0 availability, which is today...

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Ken,

Pat

In the next week? Why is it so long? I was expecting myself to get the instruction the very same day of 3.0 availability, which is today...

Ken,

We are processing four product launches at once this week and we have many e-mails scheduled to get out to all VMware customers. You can download the trial today and use it and insert your VMware Fusion 3 key once your new license arrives later this week!

Pat

0 Kudos
kpfaulkner
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Pat,

hehe, well I didn't ask the question, someone else did. But the Q had also crossed my mind.

Will try the trial and wait Smiley Happy

Thanks for the info.

Ken

0 Kudos
appxjoe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Pat,

I applied for a free upgrade to Fusion 3 on 29 Oct. since I purchased version 2 on Oct 4. The day after I applied for the free upgrade by sending the required information to free-upgrade@rebates-vmware.com I received an email from http://vmwaresupport.mediuscorp.com/vmware/view.php. The email gave a link to check the status. The link showed "OPEN" for a week or so, and now the link to check the status comes up as an invalid link.

What gives?

0 Kudos
lschen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I also tried to apply for the free update via email, but the email is bouncing:

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.
rebatecenter@mediuscorp.com

I'm currently using the 30 day trail license posted at launch, and am concerned that it will expire before I get my real license.

Message was edited by: lschen

0 Kudos
appxjoe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

lschen, I've created a new thread on this topic this morning here: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/242649.

0 Kudos