VMware Communities
chico94
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware and GNS3

Hello, 

i'm french sorry for my bad english. 

I have vmware fusion 12.1.0 and mac os big sur 11.2 (beta)

I realize my topology network on GNS3. So i create a template and adding the template (debian vm) on gns3 topology. when i want to start the vm template i have this error : No VMnet interface available between vmnet2 and vmnet255. so i decide to configure it on vmware / network / configure, but always same error message. I do other thing i push configure on the template then network and remove Allow GNS3 to override non custom VMware adapter then ok. start the template VM and getting this error : vnet ethernet0.vnet not in VMX file. 

I want to fixe add more template and fix my ip. thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@chico94 

Moderator: Moved to Fusion Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
chico94
Contributor
Contributor

thanks. can you reply to my problem please. i'm frustrated 😞

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@chico94 

I'm a moderator, not a Fusion expert. You'll have to wait for other users to see your thread and be able to help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
chico94
Contributor
Contributor

ok i will wait. thanks.

0 Kudos
chico94
Contributor
Contributor

i wait always ? where is the support ?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@chico94 

It's only been just over 24 hours. VMTN isn't a formal support function, it's a user/community area where most contributions are from people helping in their own time.

0 Kudos
niyidrums
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've got the same problem. I've tried everything I can think of but still the same issue as explained.

I wonder why there's been no real way to get this sorted. It's really frustrating, I've got a project I'm working on, and I need this link to work, but it is not just working.

0 Kudos
niyidrums
Contributor
Contributor

@chico94 Have you been able to find a work around? I've got the same problem, and it's really frustrating as I need to get this link up. Appreciate if you may share if you got it working or an alternative way.

I also tried to link my host using cloud to my GNS3 so I can use my host OS instead for what I need, however, I can't get that to work also.

0 Kudos
Khanniazi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Most of the time GNS3 and vmware works normal by disabling/enable NICs and restarting the workstation.

0 Kudos