VMware Communities
robyone76
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vmware Fusion 7.1.3 On New Macbook Pro 2016 with OS X Sierra 10.12.3

Dear all,

I'm moving from my MacBook Pro Retina (with OS X Sierra 10.12.3) to new MacBook Pro 2016 (with OS X Sierra 10.12.3).

I downloaded the dmg file from VMWare Fusion 7.1.3 to install in the new macbook.

In the old one Fusion is working well.

If I try to install the same version on the new one no problem.

After the installation if I try to open Fusion, I receive the message: (The path is not longer present)

If I try again the Fusion start but every time OS X ask me if I'm sure because is not a trusted software.

If I try do run a new VM I have always the same error :" Internal Error".

Could you help me?

Thank you

Roberto

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes I read that and you are not the only one where it works.

Updating to Sierra on an already working setup is not the same scenario as installing.

Although I would expect you to be able to install.

The "path is no longer present" error in Sierra is a typical security related Sierra issue that you pretty much only bump into while installing software.

That particular error most likely has to do with the path randomisation that was introduced with Sierra, see also the link below for more details.

macOS 10.12 Sierra: The Ars Technica review | Ars Technica

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Roberto,

You probably already know that Fusion 8 is the only supported Fusion version on macOS Sierra...

Sorry had to mention that.

The first thing to try is to reboot macOS Sierra and then try again, more often than not, that already solves the issue.

If that doesn't fix it, try installing again AFTER the reboot.

Also beware that if you have installed 3rd party VPN software or already installed VirtualBox that you might have to uninstall that in order to get Fusion to work.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
0 Kudos
robyone76
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

>You probably already know that Fusion 8 is the only supported Fusion version on macOS Sierra...

>Sorry had to mention that.

Why It works properly in my old Mac with Sierra?

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes I read that and you are not the only one where it works.

Updating to Sierra on an already working setup is not the same scenario as installing.

Although I would expect you to be able to install.

The "path is no longer present" error in Sierra is a typical security related Sierra issue that you pretty much only bump into while installing software.

That particular error most likely has to do with the path randomisation that was introduced with Sierra, see also the link below for more details.

macOS 10.12 Sierra: The Ars Technica review | Ars Technica

--

Wil

0 Kudos
robyone76
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I confirm. Using Fusion 8 I solved the problem. I have to buy the upgrade

0 Kudos