VMware Communities
tomdem
Contributor
Contributor

Vista & Boot Camp; failure during preprocessing.

I have an issue trying to run a Vista BootCamp partition, very similar to the one described in this thread:

http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?threadID=88285&messageID=665366#665366

The solution presented there applies to XP; would there be a similar workaround for VIista?

I've attached the vmware.log; this seems to be the issue:

Cannot open disk "/Users/tom/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/Virtual Machines/Boot Camp/%2Fdev%2Fdisk0/Boot Camp partition.vmwarevm/Boot Camp partition.vmdk": The file specified is not a virtual disk (16).

thanks, tom.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

A couple lines earlier in the log it looks like there was some mismatches when opening the Boot Camp vmdk. I don't have a Boot Camp partition, so don't know if they're really a problem, but it sounds like they might be. Did you by chance copy this Boot Camp virtual machine from another computer? What happens if you delete it (it should contain only metadata, your data is still on the Boot Camp partition) and let Fusion recreate it?

0 Kudos
tomdem
Contributor
Contributor

This is a totally fresh log. I deleted the BC virtual machine, and the 'Helper' directory just before generating this log....

0 Kudos