VMware Communities
ralphdaily
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtualization in Win 7 EULA

Does the Win 7 Professional upgrade from XP EULA allow for virtualization in Fusion? I'm about to pre-order a version.

Ralph

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danpalacios
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Historically, MS only wants to get paid and it doesn't matter what hardware (virtual or not) you install it on.

If you question is - can I install a upgrade licensed Win 7 in fusion, the answer is almost certainly "yes"

If you are asking about something trickier - can I use the Win 7 built in license for a virtual XP translate to a seperate instance of XP in a fusion vm .. that takes a little closer examination of the EULA. Since the real EULA isn't availble yet, you may have to wait for an answer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
danpalacios
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Historically, MS only wants to get paid and it doesn't matter what hardware (virtual or not) you install it on.

If you question is - can I install a upgrade licensed Win 7 in fusion, the answer is almost certainly "yes"

If you are asking about something trickier - can I use the Win 7 built in license for a virtual XP translate to a seperate instance of XP in a fusion vm .. that takes a little closer examination of the EULA. Since the real EULA isn't availble yet, you may have to wait for an answer.

0 Kudos
ralphdaily
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I just wanted to know if I had to order a more expensive version of Win 7 in order to use it in Fusion. You answered it.

Thanks, Ralph

0 Kudos