VMware Communities
khoody
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtual machine not mirroring Bootcamp

I am trying to evaluate Fusion 8  (I currently use Parallels). The problem is I have Fusion 8 installed, but when I open it up it doesn't mirror my Bootcamp drive i.e. programs I have installed on Bootcamp don't show up in the virtual machine. Surely I''m missing the point here? What settings have I missed?

Thanks for any help,

K.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi khoody,

Welcome to Fusion community~

For undertanding the issue which you have met, please answer below questions:

1. What's the way you using the Boot Camp with Fusion, Create or Import? -- Fusion menu > New > Install from Boot Camp, you should see the BOOTCAMP drive icon.

2. Are you using the 3rd-party Boot Camp tools? Such as Parallels etc,. It may occupy the resouce of Boot Camp, please uninstall it at first.

3. Did you shutdown the Boot Camp cleanly from native mode?

4. 'Bootcamp don't show up in the virtual machine' -- So, you created the Boot Camp VM and powered it on successully? Or you didn't see it in the Fusion?

Harry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi khoody,

Welcome to Fusion community~

For undertanding the issue which you have met, please answer below questions:

1. What's the way you using the Boot Camp with Fusion, Create or Import? -- Fusion menu > New > Install from Boot Camp, you should see the BOOTCAMP drive icon.

2. Are you using the 3rd-party Boot Camp tools? Such as Parallels etc,. It may occupy the resouce of Boot Camp, please uninstall it at first.

3. Did you shutdown the Boot Camp cleanly from native mode?

4. 'Bootcamp don't show up in the virtual machine' -- So, you created the Boot Camp VM and powered it on successully? Or you didn't see it in the Fusion?

Harry

0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Did you 'Import' your bootcamp installation, or just 'Play' it?

If you Imported it, that just made a copy of it rather than simply 'playing' or 'running' it, so that's why they'd be out of sync.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
khoody
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

Thanks for replying. So I just uninstalled everything as you suggested - Fusion and Parallels (and yes, I had tried importing from Parallels) and started again from fresh, and it works now - thank you so much! I am very relieved to have OpenGL access! Also, I think I had checked Create a BootCamp virtual machine instead of Import your Bootcamp volume.

Thanks again

K.

0 Kudos