VMware Communities
nolsson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtual Machine name in fullscreen

Hi,

Is there a way to display the Virtual Machine name when you have it in full screen. The problem is that if you have multiple Virtual Machines opened and they are in full screen and turned off you only se a black screen and you don´t know which one you have active. I would like to see the Virtual Machine name in the screen like you see a screen capture if you suspend the Virtual Machine.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you mean that you force different Virtual Machines to different spaces? Like you always have Windows 7 in space 2 and Linux in space 3.

Yes, but I wouldn't use the word "force", i assign the VM spaces at runtime. I open Fusion, then open the VMs I use like XP, Ubuntu and I move the VMs to spaces I want them in and I don't quit Fusion. I can suspend VMs as needed to free up RAM but otherwise Fusion is left running.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This isn't a direct answer to your question but to handle your issue I bring up the Library by going to the VM toolbar and pressing shift-cmd-L then I pick the VM I want to view or work with. For frequently used VMs I assign them a Space. I have a space dedicated to XP, Win7 and Ubuntu. All others I use the Library to select.

nolsson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Do you mean that you forse different Virtual Machines to different spaces? Like you always have Windows 7 in space 2 and Linux in space 3. I can only find information on how to assign the VMware app itself to a space.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you mean that you force different Virtual Machines to different spaces? Like you always have Windows 7 in space 2 and Linux in space 3.

Yes, but I wouldn't use the word "force", i assign the VM spaces at runtime. I open Fusion, then open the VMs I use like XP, Ubuntu and I move the VMs to spaces I want them in and I don't quit Fusion. I can suspend VMs as needed to free up RAM but otherwise Fusion is left running.

0 Kudos
nolsson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, thnx for the help!

0 Kudos