VMware Communities
bstein
Contributor
Contributor

VNC app CrossLoop fails

The freeware screen-sharing program CrossLoop, which uses TightVNC, doesn't work with Fusion 1.1.3 or 2.0b1. (Although I've since returned to 1.1.3.) Running CrossLoop as a client (in XP Pro SP3 on a BootCamp partition, host networking in Fusion) and accessing a host returns the error:

"failed to execute the command line: winvnc.exe."

Similarly, its viewer fails to load when running as a host, but no error is returned. A tech. rep at CrossLoop said that CrossLoop works in Parallels.

Therefore, the problem appears to be with Fusion.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Can you give more details about your setup? , especially the part about Networking

Where's the server you're trying to connect to? you said you're using host-only networking, so the only valid choices would be OS X or another virtual machine.

Are you sure there isn't a firewall in the way?

What's the command you're using?

0 Kudos
bstein
Contributor
Contributor

The configuration works on other systems running XP natively and with or without the firewall Comodo Personal Firewall Pro. The two machines are on the same LAN (hence I can test each myself as a host or a client). I have not had any other problems in Fusion that may involve networking.

For those not familiar with CrossLoop (crossloop.com), the host establishes a code that the client must specify in order to connect to the host, which is done through a central server so the host and the client do not need to worry about the other's IP address. CrossLoop is currently only a Windows app.

0 Kudos
bstein
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently nobody else has a problem with CrossLoop (if anyone else uses it), but it does work in Fusion. Even though I said it didn't work even without Comodo active in Fusion 1.1.3 and 2.0 Beta 1, curiously, it is working in Beta 2 with Comodo active and CrossLoopConnect.exe configured as a "Windows System Application" rather than an "Isolated Application."

0 Kudos