VMware Communities
R08
Contributor
Contributor

VMware... your ticket system is broke and I need some help please.

I wrote out my support ticket and this is what I get (see attachment)...  basically support ticket system is broke and I can't get my message across... wouldn't normally be posting this but if I'm trying to get support form a company and the only way to contact them is broke then what do I do?   I hope official VMWare staff person sees this.

Ohh and for the sake of retyping what I wrote::::

I have two macs... MacMini and MacBook Pro, newer models.   Basically after installing same version of VMWare Fusion 6 and same installation of Windows 7 Home Pro the MacMini runs great.

BUT when starting Windiws on MacBook Pro it bogs it down dramatically.  We;re talking a minute sometimes to regain control of the mouse.  Go to Activity Monitor and Memory Tab indicator is in the red. 

!!!!!! ??????

Any suggestions on where to start on resolving this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

To help figure out what is what, the best way to provide comprehensive diagnostic information is to use the "Collect Support Information" command from the VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > Collect Support Information and then attach the .zip file (or .tgz file if pre-version 6) it created on your Desktop to a reply post.

Note: Use the "Use advanced editor" link in the upper right corner of the normal reply window to bring up the Advanced Editor where you'll be able to attach files via the Choose File button or Browse button (depending on the Browser) above the Post Message button!

0 Kudos
R08
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks... here it is.
Please let me know if there's anything else I can do.  Looking forward to running Windows on my Mac.

0 Kudos
R08
Contributor
Contributor

Havn't heard back yet and have no idea how to get VMWare working on this MacBook Pro. 

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I took a cursory look at information in the support bundle and can see in the vmware.log the many long and painful delayed Read/Write I/O which at times can be associated with a failing HDD however didn't see the expected corresponding I/O Errors in the system.log file.

Since you could file a support request I sent a PM to one of the Developers to either have a look or pass it along appropriately however unfortunately it has gone unanswered.  Nothing really I can do about that.

Is the ticketing system still down?

0 Kudos
R08
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for looking...
Yes the support ticket system works now. and I submitted ticket.

0 Kudos