VMware Communities
tambal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware version 10 cut and paste does not work on my Mac

Hi,

I am using VMware Fusion v.10. on my Mac (OS 10.14.6) and run Windows XP under this virtual machine. Everything works except I cannot cut and paste in the program I am running. If I use the mouse and click on "cut", and "paste" instead of the keyboard shortcuts, it works. I went through many steps that I read about in the forum w/o success. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tambal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I just solved the problem.

It is crazy!!! I disabled key mapping and then checked again to enable key mapping.

That took care of it.

Thanks again,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Fusion 10 isn't supported on Mojave.  You need Fusion 11 for that.  11.5 supports Catalina.  Fusion 12 supports Big Sur.

0 Kudos
tambal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks.

It is still strange as everything else is working except cut and paste.

0 Kudos
tambal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So, now I upgraded to v 11.5. I have exactly the same problem. So I am afraid this was not the problem.

I am still stuck with this bug. Any clues now?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hmm...did you upgrade the virtual hardware and VMWare tools?

If so, try checking the keyboard settings to make sure it's passing the keystrokes properly.

0 Kudos
tambal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I did upgrade the tools. 

What do you mean upgrade the virtual hardware? Where do you do that?

I have checked the keyboard settings and they seem to be OK. Is there a way to test if that works?

The problem clearly appears to be the keyboard keys though. If I use the mouse and select "copy" or "paste" in the virtual window, it does copy and paste. Also, when I try to use the control key to emulate the right click in the mouse that does not work either in then virtual window. However, I can type with the keyboard, so there is connection. Just the command keys do not appear to work.

Thanks for thinking about it and trying to help.

0 Kudos
tambal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I just solved the problem.

It is crazy!!! I disabled key mapping and then checked again to enable key mapping.

That took care of it.

Thanks again,

0 Kudos