VMware Communities
H00ty
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware tools installation

In VMware Fusion, when I select Install VMware tools from menu, nothing happens. I've upgraded to 1.1.1. OS: 10.4.11, Mac Pro, Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 2.66 GHz, 2 CPUS, 4 Cores, 4 MB L2, 2GB RAM, 1.33GHz bus. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
borisdusek
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

MandarMS meant probably the same thing as me for the last step - double click "My computer" (or Start > My COmputer), then double-click the CD drive (this should start installation of VMware Tools).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
borisdusek
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

If this is Windows Vista (or even XP), inside the virtual machine go to your CD drive, right-click on it and select something like "Auto Play" or "Automatically open".

0 Kudos
H00ty
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm running XP Pro. I'll give it a try.

0 Kudos
MandarMS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You can get the contents of the VMware Tools ISO very easily. In the Finder, select Go menu > Go to Folder..., enter "/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/isoimages". When the window opens, double-click windows.iso, it will mount on your OS X desktop, copy the files off and get them into the guest anyway you can.

Also Go to VMware Fusion Settings-->click on CD/DVD and select Use disk image --> click on Choose --> navigate to /Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/isoimages/ Select Windows.iso and click open My computer and install VMware Tools

0 Kudos
H00ty
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

MandarMA, I'm confused. In the VM, I go to settings, select CD/DVD, select Use Disk image, choose windows.iso. What is meant by "click open My computer and install VMware Tools"

0 Kudos
borisdusek
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

MandarMS meant probably the same thing as me for the last step - double click "My computer" (or Start > My COmputer), then double-click the CD drive (this should start installation of VMware Tools).

0 Kudos
valha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am having the same problems as .

I have tried what you suggest, but I simply cannot see any folders named WMware Fusion within Application Support... Can you help?

0 Kudos
borisdusek
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I have tried what you suggest, but I simply cannot see any folders named WMware Fusion within Application Support... Can you help?

You are probably looking in "Library" folder in you home folder, not the root folder (i.e.

~/Library

instead of

/Library

). Open Finder, click on the icon representing your harddisk in the left sidebar, and in there find "Library" folder. Then go down the same folder path as MandarMS described (/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/isoimages).

0 Kudos
MandarMS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

i think you are looking in Users/User Name/Library

please go to Macintosh Hdd/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion

0 Kudos