VMware Communities
jonniva
Contributor
Contributor

VMware fusion v2, module mismatch 4 - huh?

I am not finding any information for this error with version 2. The information I am finding re version 1.1 makes no sense to me. I don't care if the hardware ethernet is not working - I need wireless through my airport. Doesn't seem to even be there in windows.

Please help. Don't understand geek-speak. Extremely frustrated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi, welcome to the forums! We'd like to answer your question, but there just isn't enough information in your post to be able to do this. Please take a look at and follow up with details about your situation. In particular, it's unclear exactly what error you're seeing, what's not working, and what you've tried.

0 Kudos
jonniva
Contributor
Contributor

The error message when starting vm fusion (e.g., from the application folder) is

module mismatch 4 =5

That is all the information it provided. Then started Windows. There was something wrong with the ethernet (wired) port and it was disabled. The airport was not known to windows - don't know how else to say it, it just didn't exist.

Being that this is windows, I rebooted, meaning I shutdown windows, the VM and the mac book. Now it works. Go figure.

There is information about this error related to version 1.1 in various places, and it does relate to networking. There is discussion about NAT vs bridge, ipconfig release/renew, etc.

But none of the information seemed to apply to my situation (since the airport was visible, it just wasn't working) and besides it was version 1.1.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to have an error message if there isn't enough information to know where to look. Kind of like the old IBM days - "probable programmer error."

Thank you for the quick reply - good to know there is help here.

0 Kudos