VMware Communities
Chowvenus26
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware fusion 12.1.1, cannot install windows 10

Hi experts,

I am new to this software and am trying to install windows 10 home version as a virtual machine on my Mac mini. I get the following error and cannot install. Can anyone let me know the solution?

Thanks in advance.

The iso used for installation is downloaded on the Microsoft website.

Mac mini running v11.3 with M1 chip

Moderator edit by wila: Moved thread from NSX discussions to VMware Fusion discussions

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

1. Fusion is not the same as NSX (where you created this thread) so I’ve reported your thread suggesting it is moved.

2. Fusion cannot power on any VM today on the M1 processor, and even when it can in the future it will not be for x86-based OSes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

1. Fusion is not the same as NSX (where you created this thread) so I’ve reported your thread suggesting it is moved.

2. Fusion cannot power on any VM today on the M1 processor, and even when it can in the future it will not be for x86-based OSes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Chowvenus26
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you

0 Kudos