VMware Communities
mtairs
Contributor
Contributor

VMware charging me subscription fees for an old product.... and I cannot cancel it!

I have recently found an annual subscription charge via Digital River that is suspicious.  Further investigation reveals this is a VMWare charge for Fusion v6 that was purchased back in the day.  I believe this was a perpetual license at the time that over recent years I am being charged annual subscription.... for a product that is now end of life!

Biggest issue - I cannot seem to cancel this and cannot get any phone support here in Australia.

Does anybody have any input as to how I can get this issue resolved and even get some compensation from VMWare?  My experience so far borders on criminal activity.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Do you see that license in your MyVMware portal?
What I could think of - however that's just a guess - is that a Support&Subscription contract exists/existed.
In such a case that is still strange, see https://www.vmware.com/de/support/services/subscription.html

In case the license shows up in your MyVMware portal, I'd suggest that you open a licensing support case regarding this.

André

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

It could also be something via a third party seller, and not directly from VMWare.  I don't recall them ever using Digital River.

Other thoughts: contest the charge with your credit card company as invalid.  That'll force the charger to prove it's legit.

Worst case, you can always cancel that credit card and get a new number.  I've had to do that in the past.

0 Kudos
gringley
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you use PayPal it is processed by Digital River - including Fusion 12 orders.  All my PayPal receipts show is that I paid VMware each year. Fusion 6 would have been 2013.  Fusion 8 Pro in 2015 came with vCloud Air, which could have started generating subscription fees.  I have records from 2015 where I used it and then got out of it before it started billing.

0 Kudos