VMware Communities
Maxine
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware and Windows 7 not running anymore

Hi, my computer froze and then I had trouble running VMware after that. I deleted a documents folder in my Imac as it appeared I had Documents and Documents 2. Found after that there were a number of documents missing so I restored them. After doing that my Windows side of my Mac said it did not have enough room and so suspended itself. Some how and I have no idea how but after reinstalling VMware and running my Imac Applications Check disc, all seemed to be going again, although it did then say my Windows was no longer genuine.
Then it came up saying it did not have enough room again and suspended again. I did everything I tried before (I think) but no luck. All my Virtual Machine options are greyed out so I cannot do anything that I have found online to help. There are no VMware tools either.
I am about to give in and take my Mac to the shop to be fixed but wondered ig anyone can tell me here in real simple terms if there is something I can do to fix it?
Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

First, I would suggest you to check the amount of free (available) disk space on your Mac hard disk. Right-click on the Mac HD > Get Info. This should show it. I suspect that there is very less amount of disk space on it and hence the error message.

If there is very less disk space available, then try to empty the trash (ensuring that you don't have anything important in it). Then delete the unnecessary files or move them onto an external hard disk. If you have movies, iMovie Projects, iTunes music etc, keeping them on an external hard disk should be a good idea.

Once you have freed up enough disk space (~ 2 to 4 GB), you should be able to start your virtual machine fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

I moved the discussion from VMware Knowledge Base to VMware Fusion® (for Mac) for more attention.

André

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

First, I would suggest you to check the amount of free (available) disk space on your Mac hard disk. Right-click on the Mac HD > Get Info. This should show it. I suspect that there is very less amount of disk space on it and hence the error message.

If there is very less disk space available, then try to empty the trash (ensuring that you don't have anything important in it). Then delete the unnecessary files or move them onto an external hard disk. If you have movies, iMovie Projects, iTunes music etc, keeping them on an external hard disk should be a good idea.

Once you have freed up enough disk space (~ 2 to 4 GB), you should be able to start your virtual machine fine.

0 Kudos
Maxine
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thabks for that, it seems to have fixed it for now

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Good to know!

Could you post the logs, so that we can check if the VM is taking too much disk space.

Open Fusion > Go to Help (top) > Collect Support Information.

0 Kudos
Maxine
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How do I do that? I notice that I now have Documents 1 and Documents 2 that appeared to be the same. That was how I got in trouble in the first place as I deleted one of them and then found I was missing Documents so reinstalled and that was when I think I ended up filling up my hard drive. So I rcomoned the documents back into one folder and deleted the other and VMwar started working again. Now I see when I go into windows and shared folders, I have two Document folders again. Would that be right?

0 Kudos
Maxine
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Support Information attached as requested

0 Kudos