Contributor
Contributor

VMware Tools for virtualized Catalina

Jump to solution

Hello Support Team,

when do you plan to fix the VMware Tools for virtualized 10.14 and 10.15 macOS versions?

I do virtualize these OS's on my Mac and use them for work, but using them in default 1024x768px resolution is very frustrating.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Anton

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Leadership
Leadership

Is your Guest OS set to the correct version?  It sounds like the "Install VMware Tools" menu command is mounting the incorrect, older MacOS/OSX tools installation ISO.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Champion
Champion

Are you on Fusion 11.5.1?

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Correct, version 11.5.1 (15018442). The current one.

0 Kudos
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

After VMTools install, you should enable the kexts in Security & Privacy settings.

Please check the System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General in your VM, is there anything need to be allowed? If so, click the "Allow" button, then restart the VM.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

I can't install any VMTools because of 32bit version of these tools.

I can mount the "VMware Tools" dmg, open it, and then I see both app icons deactivated.Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-06 um 10.06.57.png

0 Kudos
Champion
Champion

And that's on 11.5.1?  That's very strange.

0 Kudos
Leadership
Leadership

Is your Guest OS set to the correct version?  It sounds like the "Install VMware Tools" menu command is mounting the incorrect, older MacOS/OSX tools installation ISO.

View solution in original post

VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is darwin.iso mounted for tools installation? if not, can you manually mount /Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/isoimages/darwin.iso and try to install again?

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much! That was the point.

Interesting why VMware didn't recognize the guestOS itself, but know the solution is clear.

0 Kudos