VMware Communities
f_anton
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Tools for virtualized Catalina

Hello Support Team,

when do you plan to fix the VMware Tools for virtualized 10.14 and 10.15 macOS versions?

I do virtualize these OS's on my Mac and use them for work, but using them in default 1024x768px resolution is very frustrating.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Anton

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Is your Guest OS set to the correct version?  It sounds like the "Install VMware Tools" menu command is mounting the incorrect, older MacOS/OSX tools installation ISO.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Are you on Fusion 11.5.1?

0 Kudos
f_anton
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Correct, version 11.5.1 (15018442). The current one.

0 Kudos
zhus
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

After VMTools install, you should enable the kexts in Security & Privacy settings.

Please check the System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General in your VM, is there anything need to be allowed? If so, click the "Allow" button, then restart the VM.

0 Kudos
f_anton
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can't install any VMTools because of 32bit version of these tools.

I can mount the "VMware Tools" dmg, open it, and then I see both app icons deactivated.Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-06 um 10.06.57.png

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

And that's on 11.5.1?  That's very strange.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Is your Guest OS set to the correct version?  It sounds like the "Install VMware Tools" menu command is mounting the incorrect, older MacOS/OSX tools installation ISO.

bfan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Is darwin.iso mounted for tools installation? if not, can you manually mount /Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/isoimages/darwin.iso and try to install again?

0 Kudos
f_anton
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much! That was the point.

Interesting why VMware didn't recognize the guestOS itself, but know the solution is clear.

0 Kudos