VMware Communities
ecterrab
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Tools fail events (booting in the boot camp partition) and long loging delay (booting in the VM Fusion Mac OS X)

Hi

I am having two problems.

1. when booting in the boot camp partition, two fail event messages are logged in Events/System "Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the VMware Tools Service service to connect." and "The VMware Tools Service service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. " How could I avoid these fail events? Also: is it necessary to load the VMware Tools service when booting natively in the boot camp partition - or can I set them to manual start (I see them in automatic start)?

2. when booting this same boot camp partition but in the VM running within Mac OS X, the login time is really big, close to a minute and a half, followed by 20 sec without mouse pointer or mouse response after the desktop is shown, apparently while VMTools load. How could I avoid this long delay and these 20+ sec without mouse after starting XP?

Details: I already reinstalled the boot camp drivers from the Mac CD, I did that after booting natively in the boot camp partition, and then reinstalled the VMTools from the VM running within Mac OS X. I did not "uninstall" the VMTools because I am worried with having to go again into that situation where windows asks to activate each time I switch from the booting natively and within the VM (am I wrong in being worried with that?). Anyway, the result of reinstalling everything (without uninstalling VMTools) was null - the two problems are still there.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

ecterrab

0 Kudos
0 Replies