VMware Communities
blnh
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Sound crackling

Using USB-C headphones or headphones with an audio jack to USB-C adapter produces a crackling sound. MacBook Pro running Windows 10 in VMware does not produce a crackling sound using the internal speakers. When I plug in the headphones, a message displays asking to choose Windows or Mac for Realtek TX 384hz HiFi Type-C Audio. I choose Windows and hear a crackling sound. I changed the control panel setting to 16bit, 48000Hz (DVD Quality) per another post I found. This didn't work.

SOLUTION: Let the message time out and disappear. Basically, ignore it and don't choose anything. The sound doesn't crackle.

I don't know what the purpose of this message is. All I know is the sound doesn't crackle if I ignore it. I wasted so much time trying to resolve this issue. I thought I would share this and save someone else some time.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@blnh 

Moderator: Please create threads in the area for the product used - moved to Fusion Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos