VMware Communities
jaxindevon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Fusion v 13 Display Driver Issue

I'm posting this again as hoping that someone will help, this is still not working.  If I change the zoom and/or font I can sometimes see text but Outlook never works.  

I recently upgraded my VMWare Fusion to Professional Version 13.0.0 (20802013).   I had an existing Windows 11 device running which had been operational for sometime.  I noted all of a sudden that my Outlook view had pretty much gone white on white in the navigation window. I did note that this had happened on Excel too but this came back.  After trying many solutions around the office product, see my post   Outlook Navigation window view issue - Microsoft Community  I did not find a solution.  I rebuild a new machine and the issue resolved for a shortwhile (but as per my post) it cam back.  I built a new machine, this time stopping all Office updates.  This machine ran for quite a while longer, but again today it has lost its display, this time both Outlook and Excel.  I noted this time that VMWare tools advised it had made changes to my display several times and was really messing with the sizing of my display.  After several reboots (and some Windows Updates).  I decided to remove the VMWare tools and hey presto everything has come back to be displayed.  Obviously my screen resolution is awful.  I've installed all but the display driver so it is semi workable, but does anyone have a permanent solution for this issue or is anyone else experiencing this?

TIA

Jacqui

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaxindevon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After lots of messing around, noticed the Accelerate 3D Graphics, which for some reason I had not noted in the past.  Disabled this and currently it all appears to be working.

Thought I would share in case anyone else has this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jaxindevon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After lots of messing around, noticed the Accelerate 3D Graphics, which for some reason I had not noted in the past.  Disabled this and currently it all appears to be working.

Thought I would share in case anyone else has this issue.

0 Kudos