VMware Communities
jamesemooreii
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Fusion unrecoverable error: (vthread-3)

There was 17.6gb of space on my 40gb Virtual Disk, and I noticed an option in VMware Fusion 5.0.3 that said Clean up Hard Disk.  The operation started, and a progress bar started to initialize.  This process was not able to complete because my computer lost power rebooted immediately.  Ever since, I am no longer able to open this particular virtual disk.  If I attempt to open it, VMware Fusion will crash immediately.  If I try to troubleshoot using the vmware-vdiskmanager I get the following error:

NOT_IMPLEMENTED bora/lib/disklib/sparseChecker.c:1291

The core dump limit is set to ZERO; no core dump should be expected

Child process 3108 failed to dump core (status 0x6).

VMware Fusion Error:

VMware Fusion unrecoverable error: (vthread-3)

NOT_IMPLEMENTED bora/lib/disklib/sparseChecker.c:1291

You can request support. 

To collect data to submit to VMware support, choose "Collect Support Information" from the "Help" menu.

You can also run "VMware Fusion Problem Reporter.tool" inside the VMware Fusion application bundle directly.

We will respond on the basis of your support entitlement.

I've also received this error:

Failed to open the disk: The specified virtual disk needs repair (0xe00003e86).

Please help,

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

This process was not able to complete because my computer lost power rebooted immediately.

That's why computers are supposed to be plugged into UPS Surge Protector and not directly to the wall outlet! Smiley Wink

Please help

To help figure out what is what, the best way to provide comprehensive diagnostic information is to use the "Collect Support Information" command from the VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > Collect Support Information and then attach the .tgz file it created on your Desktop to a reply post.

Note: Use the "Use advanced editor" link in the upper right corner of the normal reply window to bring up the Advanced Editor where you'll be able to attach files via the Choose File button or Browse button (depending on the Browser) above the Post Message button!

0 Kudos