VMware Communities
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VMware Fusion later beta on display at TSX?

Can anyone possibly attending TSX say if they've spotted VMware Fusion a beta refresh at the show?

It looks like it will be available for download soon enough. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Well, Alessandro posts today from the TSX show...

"As a precious virtualization.info reported in 1st day report's comments, codename Fusion, the desktop solution VMware will launch for Apple market, to counter Parallels success: it will hit beta 3 before the end of this week, and a beta 4 will follow as well. Final release will be available in summer (possibly for Apple WWDC conference) featuring few secret features. "

See http://www.virtualization.info/2007/04/live-from-vmware-tsx-2007-part-2.html

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SMB1
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

How do you know that Beta 3 is close? Did you read tea leaves or consult an Oracle?

Seriously though, do I add this to the things I'm waiting for to show up really soon now?

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

>How do you know that Beta 3 is close?

This isn't my question. To re-iterate: if there are any TSX attendees in this forum: have you seen a Fusion beta refresh at the show? Obviously if it has been been shown under NDA, I'm not asking for anyone to violate their agreement.

But if it's being shown on the floor (assuming there's a booth area), then that's what I'm asking about.

>do I add this to the things I'm waiting for to show up really soon now?

That's up to you. My browser is always ready to download new bits. Smiley Happy

\[edited: to not assume any newer beta would be 'beta 3' necessarily but rather a beta refresh.]

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Well, Alessandro posts today from the TSX show...

"As a precious virtualization.info reported in 1st day report's comments, codename Fusion, the desktop solution VMware will launch for Apple market, to counter Parallels success: it will hit beta 3 before the end of this week, and a beta 4 will follow as well. Final release will be available in summer (possibly for Apple WWDC conference) featuring few secret features. "

See http://www.virtualization.info/2007/04/live-from-vmware-tsx-2007-part-2.html

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Sounds like Mr. Perilli is taking some journalistic liberty with his postings, perhaps to attract a readership.

Precious, eh?

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I heard there was a cool demo of the coolest phone waiting to be released running Windows Me at TSX. Just kidding!!! Smiley Happy

Can't comment on rumors. As always, we are working to make VMware Fusion better and look forward to your response to future betas.

Pat

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

While I can't comment on the final release date, we are still shipping in Summer 2007, the rumor was true and we just posted beta 3.

Enjoy!

Pat

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Since he was at TSX, I guess Alessandro got his information first-hand.

Kudos Rob

0 Kudos