VMware Communities
UlrichCM
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Fusion don't recognize ICOM RC-28 USB Wheel

If i connect my ICOM RC-28 USB Wheel ist will be found by native Windows 10 and it will be found by the Host OS macOS Sierra 10.12.3.

It won't be shown in the USB-List in VMware Fusion. All other USB-Devices will work fine but not the ICOM RC-28.

If i connect it, the VMware.LOG will show that there is something, but it shows only the 4 normal USB Devices.

Is there any way to tell VMware Fusion about this USB-Device?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Since the device you are connecting is a USB Human Interface Device (HID), you'll need to follow the steps in this Knowledge Base article: Connecting a second mouse or keyboard directly to a Fusion virtual machine (1003418) | VMware KB

Fusion generally does not allow connecting HIDs directly to the virtual machine without these extra steps, because there is a risk of "trapping" the user inside the virtual machine, with no way to "ungrab" and return control to the host computer.  Be careful using those options!

Cheers,

--

Darius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Since the device you are connecting is a USB Human Interface Device (HID), you'll need to follow the steps in this Knowledge Base article: Connecting a second mouse or keyboard directly to a Fusion virtual machine (1003418) | VMware KB

Fusion generally does not allow connecting HIDs directly to the virtual machine without these extra steps, because there is a risk of "trapping" the user inside the virtual machine, with no way to "ungrab" and return control to the host computer.  Be careful using those options!

Cheers,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
UlrichCM
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you so much.

I have searched many days, but i did not found this article.

With usb.generic.allowHID = "TRUE" the wheel was in the list of  usb devices.

0 Kudos