VMware Communities
pmcarrion
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Fusion crashes when using Windows 7 Beta (build 7000)

Hi,

VMware Fusion (v. 2.0.2) crashes when using Windows 7 Beta (build 7000). I have set up the VM as Windows Server 2008 x64 with default settings.

I am attaching the crash log. Why is this happening?

Thanks,

Percy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander

I believe Windows 7 beta is not supported on the fusion as of now.

Regards

Anil

Save the planet, Go Green

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

Subscribe yourself at walkonblock.com

0 Kudos
pmcarrion
Contributor
Contributor

I know Windows 7 is not supported, but it's not the Virtual Machine what crashed. VMware Fusion did.

0 Kudos
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander

I understand Percy, but if it's not supported, Vmware doesn't guarantee it will work. you can try to log a case with them and see if it helps.

Regards

Anil

Save the planet, Go Green

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

Subscribe yourself at walkonblock.com

0 Kudos
asatoran
Immortal
Immortal

... I have set up the VM as Windows Server 2008 x64 with default settings.

Can you try creating a new VM, choosing Vista instead? (And I assume you're installing the 64bit Windows 7. If you're installing the 32bit, then make a Vista32 VM.) Other posts I've read seem to indicate success with a Vista VM settings. This is what I used for a Workstation 6.5 VM, although I was installing the 32bit version of Windows 7.

0 Kudos