VMware Communities
azzamaurice
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Fusion Player - Personal Use License

Hi,

I've been trying to sign up for the free personal use license, but the Register Here link or Register button on the page, just gives me a Content Not Available page.

Is there something I'm missing to complete this registration?

Tags (1)
57 Replies
Mojo2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Does not work, blank white screen, nothing happen even without Adblock. Refresh page, still blank.

0 Kudos
ajesterpaul
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have tried 2 computers, 6 browsers, and incognito. I only  get the white screen. VMWare need to redesign this website. This is nothing short of a joke. NONE of the offered or "accepted" solutions work. What a complete and utter farce.

0 Kudos
ajesterpaul
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nonsense. Did it all exactly. Nothing but white screen when you get to the register bit. 2 PCs, 6 browsers. All the same

0 Kudos
linus569
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same, I also tried every possible way - deleting cookies, different browsers devices, creating new account - nothing works. Just sad. 

0 Kudos
jaknudsen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same for me.

0 Kudos
soniccj7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same problem for me. Was excited to have a non experimental version of Fusion for my M1 Mac. But unable to obtain a personal use license. 

0 Kudos
DetlefSchmidt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Now I tried it with google chrome private mode and went to the VMware page and downloaded the .dmg. After that I installed it and wanted to get the license key free of charge. Then i clicked on registration and that I have an account.

Then you need to accept all cookies and I was surprised not to see the blank page but my registration data where lots of fields needed to be filled. like company, position etc.

At the end I entered the CAPCHA code and wanted to send the data.

But VMware did not accept the ZIP code in their database as it is German. So I tried everything but no way.

The ZIP Code is in my account data shown but no longer accepted for registration for fusion 13 personal license

Question: IS that only available for US citizens?????

So you folks try it that way and you may be lucky. I stick to the old fusion 12 until I need to switch my iMac to Apple silicon. Then I will get out of fusion and use a QNAP virtualization system on a NAS drive from Qnap with Intel Celeron quad core. That works too with Win10 pro

jaknudsen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am also having trouble with the ZIP field, I live in Norway.

Lukaszj
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello, i registered to get the key but unfortunately I did not get it, it shows such a message:

Your download request has been received and is under review for download eligibility.

Confirm that you provided a valid first name, last name, address, and country when you registered. If you did not, update your My VMware profile and try to download again.

Anyone knows what can be done about it?

0 Kudos
Bjoernt73
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i was able to register the software with librewolf browser some minutes ago 🙂

vmware.com/go/get-fusionplayer-key

0 Kudos
kcak11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This issue has been fixed as of 2022-November-23 after raising a support ticket with VMWare, received a call that the issue with generating Personal Use License has been fixed.

Verified and it is working as expected i.e. able to get a Personal Use License from the site and use it in the Fusion 13 Player.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
linus569
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It is still not working for me. What browser did you use?

0 Kudos
kcak11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Google Chrome. My issue was resolved after raising a support ticket and they said that they have fixed it now.

I was able to generate the Personal Use License in a single go.

0 Kudos
DetlefSchmidt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The problem with the blank page is solved. I can get to my registration data now with google Chrome as well as with Safari.

But still it claims my ZIP code which is required and in their database to be incorrect.

No way to enter a German ZIP. Is the personal license not available in Germany?

0 Kudos
linus99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It worked in Germany for me. What solved it for me was that I filled out all the information they news in the profile setting, so that I had nothing to fill out in the Register form. 

0 Kudos
DetlefSchmidt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have filled in all the new info in my account but once I need to register for fusion 13 the new fields do not show the updated data in my account.

This is annoying

Good buy VMWare. I switch to QNAP Virtualisation center with Intel Chip

DetlefSchmidt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

By the way I tried the support line and they told me I need to ask licensing support but there I get nobody.

0 Kudos
uhd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am from Germany as well and have the same issues when trying to obtain a Personal License for Fusion Player 13. Tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome, the latter also in Private mode. Deactivated all content blockers. No success, no response from the web form after submitting the request. I wasted a lot of time and feel like an idiot.

I wrote to support@vmware.com but didn't get ANY response at all. It looks like VMware is not capable of building a web form that just works, and even after some complaints there is no interest in sorting it out. Well...

BTW if you guys @VMware start cleaning up, the announcement for Version 13 that pops up in Version 12 still advertises Version 12 (not 13). Makes a very good impression too.

My son recently obtained a license of Parallels (runs on Apple Silicon since quite a while) which seems worth giving it a try. Higher performance and good support, i.e. for downloading a Windows installer image. So after Fusion 4 through 11 and the "free" (and awfully performing) 12, it seems time for a change.

0 Kudos
DetlefSchmidt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It is not the browser. They simply do not accept German ZIP code in the address. May be they only want US citizens to register.

Simple solution is to enter a US address. I took that of my former affiliate and surprise, surprise: it is accepted and I am registered for the fusion 13 personal license.

As they do not state that the personal license use is limited to US citizens I assume it to be a legal bypass. Just use an US address, of friends or other.

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

@DetlefSchmidtwrote:

It is not the browser. They simply do not accept German ZIP code in the address. May be they only want US citizens to register

Or perhaps it’s just poor coding in the web site.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos