VMware Communities
azzamaurice
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Fusion Player - Personal Use License

Hi,

I've been trying to sign up for the free personal use license, but the Register Here link or Register button on the page, just gives me a Content Not Available page.

Is there something I'm missing to complete this registration?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
azzamaurice
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Mikero​,

I was already using FireFox, but ended up having to use a guest Chrome window with no ad blockers or anything.

All working now!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
57 Replies
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Try using Firefox or Chrome.

Following that, incognito or private browsing... The service is functioning, but we suspect there's some cookie/cache collision happening.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
azzamaurice
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Mikero​,

I was already using FireFox, but ended up having to use a guest Chrome window with no ad blockers or anything.

All working now!

0 Kudos
radarpangaean
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am also unable to register for the free license. 

Will some one please post a link to the page where I can do so, and then a VERY explicit description of what link to press. So far, trying to follow the instructions using ANY browser leads me on a fruitless chase. 

LutzBehrens
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to get VMware Fusion Player Mac Personal Use License

• Start current Mac version of Google Chrome browser
  • Go to: https://www.vmware.com/products/fusion.html
  • Use Link ‚Register Now‘ in the grey area with context menu ‚Open link in Inkognito mode‘
  • A new Chrome window starts
  • Register yourself including company name private
  • Register VMWare Fusion Player - Personal Use
  • Copy and save the License Key and start download of VMWare Fusion Player Mac version 
  • You are hopefully done

This worked out for me on December 24th 2020

LB
CNWTECH
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was able to register and download the VMware Fusion 12.1.0.DMG and license key ...

However, system requirements shows I need v11.x DMG for use on MOAC OS Mojave.

Is there a place to download VMwre Fusion v11.x (I found standard download, assume the same image, just different license key?)

If I use this, then will the provided license key for Personal Use (v12.x) work with v11.x image?

Thanks in advance... Grant

0 Kudos
Jera1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, Grant.  I found the 11.5.7 version for my Macbook running Mojave here:
https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/downloads/details?downloadGroup=FUS-1157&productId=798&rPId=55757 

I noted in the install that it would not accept my license for VMWare 12.  The instructions I found here states use the Try Free for 30 days option.  I'll try to get a personal use license for this version later.

Hope this helps.

Cpt.Jera

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

The Free personal license option is new for VMware Fusion 12.
You cannot use the free license for VMware Fusion 11, you also cannot downgrade the free license.

If you cannot upgrade Mojave to -at least- Catalina then your only option is to buy a VMware Fusion 12 license and downgrade the license to use it for Fusion 11.

Sorry for the bad news.
--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
Jera1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That is indeed bad news.  Can't upgrade to Catalina.  Old 2012 Mac processor just won't handle it.  Even with a new SSD hard drive and more RAM.
Fusion 12 won't install on Mojave.
Dang it.
Thanks.

0 Kudos
elysdir
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you! These instructions worked for me; in particular, using Incognito finally got me past the roadblock where I would sign in, and it would tell me that my account wasn't activated, so I would activate my account, and it would navigate me away from the personal-use-registration page.

Anyway, much appreciated.

0 Kudos
rifle99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Its not functioning because people cannot get the registration code. Why is this so difficult - especially for a software company? 

I've been trying for hours to get the license key. Safari, CHrome, Firefox.

FIX THE **bleep**ING THING! 

ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Use private or incognito mode, with no ad or cookie blockers.

And agree, having websites break when privacy is enabled is annoying.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
rifle99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For those that it might help, in my case I got it to work eventually by using incognito in Chrome and also by using a NEW EMAIL address. Using incognito alone did not work. 

0 Kudos
asdojasdac
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This website is pure **bleep**ing cancer. I've spent an hour trying to register for a free product with no success. Go **bleep** yourselves.

juschilinsc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

why is Vmware doing this to people? I've also been trying to register a free license and It's impossible a circle. can someone explain how to do this. It's as if they want you to get frustrated and buy a license.  

Seriously considering uninstalling and going to parallels Desktop. so frustrating..

DetlefSchmidt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I Havel personal license for Fusion 12 and tried to upgrade to 13. No possible way.

Started new and once you try registering: blank page dead end.

Logged in you only can by a new license.

This is annoying

rrhill
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Also having issues getting a personal license. Tried multiple browsers and different posted solutions.

wbonnaud
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Also driving me up the wall. Tried everything, Edge, Chrome, Safari etc. The pages just don't load properly.

wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

The only thing I haven't seen mentioned up in the thread is to try and throw away all the cookies for the vmware site.
There's a very very long standing bug (between 5 and 10 years?) in VMware's websites where you can end up with cookies that are larger than the site can handle.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
Brian_Verburg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Still doesn't work at all. This issue is more than annoying and is driving me nuts! It seems that it must be mad impossible to get a personal license.

0 Kudos