VMware Communities
Grasshopper123
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Fusion PPPC Configuration Profile

macOS, does anyone have a VMware Fusion PPPC configuration profile that suppresses the notification below:

"VMware Fusion" wants access to control "System Events". Allowing control will provide access to documents and data in "System Events", and to perform actions within that app.

I have tried to setup a PPPC configuration profile but am unable to have this notification suppressed

PPPC_Notification.png

10 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

By "suppress the notification" are we to assume that you are looking for a profile that will grant Fusion the requested access automatically so that the user will not see the prompt to grant it?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
Grasshopper123
Contributor
Contributor

That is correct. Looking for the PPPC profile that will grant Fusion the requested access automatically so that the user will not see the prompt to grant it.

I have a simple PPPC setup so that the Fusion app has access to control System Events, however I am still receiving the popup notification

0 Kudos
Rewke
Contributor
Contributor

@Grasshopper123 Did you ever figure this out? I'm running into the same thing and I am fairly confident my PPPC config profile should be sufficient.

0 Kudos
Grasshopper123
Contributor
Contributor

I have the PPPC profile set correctly, however the issue still remains. If you get this working please let me know and I'll do the same. Thanks so much

Grasshopper123
Contributor
Contributor

I never found a fix. PPPC Profile is set correctly, however the pop-up still remains

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

We've seen something similar with other software as well (not just Fusion).  I suspect that it's Apple's new security model, specifically so that people can't suppress it without user knowledge (otherwise it's be a vector for malware).

Rewke
Contributor
Contributor

@ColoradoMarmot If this were the case case though, I wouldn't be able to suppress this popup for other applications via PPPC config profiles... which I can. So this is specific to VMWare Fusion.

0 Kudos
Mac_User888
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have an answer to this? I'm out of ideas

0 Kudos
joe1776
Contributor
Contributor

I am looking for a solution to this problem, too. We are running VMware Fusion 13.0.2 on MacOS Ventura and are not able to get rid of this pop-up.

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

It sounds like we’re all as stumped as you are. If you can, you might want to open a support request to VMware so they can see what you can do or if it’s even possible. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos