VMware Communities
thotbot
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Fusion Graphics Issues/ Driver Error

A little background: I am currently running VMware Fusion in attempts to play Windows based games on macOS Big Sur on a MacBook Pro 16" Late 19'. 

When loading into the VM everything seems to be alright. it seems to run flawlessly until I attempt to play a downloaded game. When I try to run one game in particular I receive this error message: (Image #1) This is pretty much what happens when I run any games...

My assumption is there's something wrong with the GPU connectivity? I have no idea... Im no techie and am completely stuck here. Thank you in advance for any assistance. 

FYI: I am running both Windows 8.1 and 10 in VMware Fusion. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@thotbot 

Moderator: Please try and create threads in the area for the product used - moved to Fusion Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
thotbot
Contributor
Contributor

apologies, I'm new here. 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@thotbot 

The usage guidelines link below in my signature has some other useful suggestions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Are your VMs using the latest virtual hardware version?
With the VM shut down, in the menu go to Virtual Machine -> Settings -> Compatibility

and make sure the most recent version is selected.
In addition to that make sure that VMware Tools is up to date.
--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos