VMware Communities
mattysouthall
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Fusion 5 bug report

Some reason vmware fusion 5 crashed on mountain lion when I was quitting it after shutting down Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit VM, i attached a crash log i hope this is the right place to report bugs.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
journonyc
Contributor
Contributor

I upgraded to Mountain Lion, then downloaded the trial version of Fusion 5 (I bought/upgraded to 4 recently and am waiting for the free upgrade license). Not only does Fusion dramatically slow down my programs on Mac, but now I can't take a Fusion snapshot and cannot quit/get out of Fusion. I'm waiting for email support to backup and to get out of Fusion. Plus my mouse is not working right (creating black boxes as it scrolls over programs). I only upgraded to 5 because 4 was so so so slow. This version makes me want to run away from all Windows products forever now.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi, thanks for reporting your issue. Could you collect support information? Launch Fusion 5, in "Help" menu, click "Collect Support Information", that will provide more log files to help us diagnosis. Again, thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
journonyc
Contributor
Contributor

I do not need to launch Fusion because I can't turn it off... I cannot (because the options are not highlighted & are not working): suspend, restart, shut down, pause, take snapshots -- and the Windows is Running is not highlighted either. I cannot quit. I cannot save my settings.

I am producing an international business conference in 10 days and begin traveling in 4 days -- this is extremely urgent...

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Journonyc, your issue probably is different from the original posting. However, I have filed a separate bug with your support info internally. Thanks.

0 Kudos
tracywang
Expert
Expert

Since you are urgent, I suggest you downgrade to Fusion 4 first. Before install Fusion 4, make sure change your VM to Hardware version 8 in vmsettings -> compatibility.

0 Kudos
mattysouthall
Contributor
Contributor

The issue for me appears to have disappeared now I deleted my VM's, I will re-create my linux and windows vms and see if it crashes after quiting Fusion again. It isn't really a major issue it just comes up saying its crashed when I quit.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Based on the crash report you attached, it's a known issue. The fix will be in the next patch release. Thanks for reporting it though.

- Irene

0 Kudos