VMware Fusion 2.0.5 Now Available

Enjoy the new release!

-David

0 Kudos
23 Replies
IMware
Contributor
Contributor

I've experienced more freezes on the new Macbook Pro's. I'm not sure it's entirely VMWare's fault. But there is definitely a lot of room for performance enhancement. There seems to be excessive amount of disk caching. I've upgraded my machine to 8GB's of RAM, and Fusion doesn't seem to be using it very efficiently.

I'm running Windows XP VM with 2 virtual processors and 2 GB of RAM on a 2.66GHz MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM.

0 Kudos
IMware
Contributor
Contributor

You know what he meant, the new cheaply made Uniboday Macbook Pro's from Apple, with tons of problem on its own.

0 Kudos
Piggy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm ticked off at Apple, who seems to have become the new Evil Empire with their secrecy and poor iPhone app store policies. I can't think of anything Microsoft to complain about.

I don't expect Apple to test their updates with every app out there but I certainly think VMware (and Parallels) should be on the short list of apps. A couple others that come to mind are Firefox, Adobe Reader, Photoshop, etc. At least give us an easy way to un-install updates. I'm not talking about Time Machine (don't know if it can help with this) but I mean a real option to un-install that doesn't require connection to a backup drive or network. I use my laptop for business and need to stay current with updates. I may be on the road when an update is issued and asked by my customer to confirm I've installed it before allowed to use my laptop on their network.

0 Kudos
MacNoo
Contributor
Contributor

I hear you on the freezing (I take that to mean beachball time?). It boggles my mind that I see a beachball more often and mp3 playback skip jump more often then it ever did on my Thinkpad P3 with XP. I think OS X doesn't handle the dual procesors nearly as well as XP does and maybe Fusion's virtual processors are just stuck with what Os X gives them. In my short experience with my MBP uni 2.4GHz, OS X doesn't handle multi-processing and disk i/o nearly as well as WinXP does.

0 Kudos