VMware Communities
VirtualMac2009
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Fusion 13 is HERE!!!

Searching Google for "VMware Fusion 13" (with quotes) in last week shows

Fusion 13 Sales FAQ (90058) | VMware KB

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/90058

Then it was removed but still shows in Google cache.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Not quite, I guess. 😱

There are a couple of KB articles that seem to have been taken offline (one of which is describes supported Fusion versions on macOS. My hope 🤞is that it's been done because they're going to be updated by an imminent release.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
SvenGus
Expert
Expert

So, it looks like Fusion 13 will require Monterey or Ventura as host OS (no more Big Sur)…

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Makes sense - they're probably removing the last vestiges of the kext options.

0 Kudos
VirtualMac2009
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Available now.

0 Kudos
mxadwe
Contributor
Contributor

Not yet

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

@VirtualMac2009 wrote:

Available now.

No, it isn't.  So if you have it, you've obtained it illegally/unofficially - and is a hacked/pirated version.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Perhaps locking/removing these threads to avoid people following bad links is in order?

0 Kudos
VirtualMac2009
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It was available when I reported it. Now it only shows in Google cache. So, expect it again in any moment.

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

What was posted appears to be an internal sales document from its title - those are usually meant for VMware internal audiences and/or resellers. Very likely that it was posted for public consumption (and web crawling by Google) either in error or prematurely.

Regardless, no official announcement has come from VMware about the availability of Fusion 13 as of the time of this post.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
VirtualMac2009
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mikero (Michael Roy, VMware Fusion product manager) said previous week in Twitter that it would be available this week.v So, it would be ready today or tomorrow, unless some bug has been discovered in the last minute…

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Agreed that Michael did say that. and I'm sure this week is the target. I also know from experience on the vendor side that things happen to delay releases. I'm not going to panic if it doesn't show up by end of business Friday.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
VirtualMac2009
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

STOP THE PRESS - From the horse's mouth:

First look at Fusion 13!

Michael Roy
Scheduled at 10 am Pacific Time of Nov 18, 2022
I'll be doing an overview and demo of the just-released VMware Fusion 13!
Join me, ask some questions, or just watch as I fumble about!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VliDLLBuv8Q

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Will play with over the weekend, but looks like still no shared folders, and no 3d graphics for ARM Win 11 guests. That's...disappointing if I'm reading the notes right.   Does have some bugfixes from the tech preview, which is nice.  Lost the P2V capability though (to be fair, with arm hosts, there's not much point in that feature).

From https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Fusion/13/com.vmware.fusion.using.doc/GUID-F8B8DD94-4F5F-4BCB-8811... it like you can at again import parallels VM's (it claims to cover Fusion 13, but the page was last edited in 2019, so we will have to see). Will give that a go as well (I have a couple of lingering Linux ones that I never could rebuild in the tech preview successfully).

0 Kudos
yfx01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, the windows 11 arm guest graphics are still 2d,Very disappointed

0 Kudos
Virtual-webfish
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like my weekend just got busy 🙂

Is it just me or are there no ARM windows divers yet ? Is there a companion ISO with divers have not found for Win ARM 64 ? 

--Edit 

Sorry I just found the menu option to install vmware tools ! 

thanks davidk 

0 Kudos
guruthings
Contributor
Contributor

I just bought Fusion 13 thinking it would solve the 3D acceleration problems reported since version 12.

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Fusion-Discussions/3D-Acceleration-Stopped-Working-with-12-...

I’ve thrown away my money, fusion still doesn’t work with acceleration in macOS 12.6.1 and Intel Mac Book Pro.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

If you mean with a MacOS guest, that's no surprise.  Apple made changes that broke the experimental support a few versions back.

0 Kudos
ikir
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone managed to get shared copy&past or drag&drop to work?

0 Kudos