VMware Communities
fsociety3765
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Fusion 13... Any news?

Hi all,

Has anyone heard anything about the release of VMware Fusion 13, assuming there is going to be a release at all? Does anyone know if there are any current technical previews available?

I am running macOS Monterey and while for the most part Fusion runs, there are a few slight issues/glitches which I am hoping will be fixed in the next update, again assuming there is going to be one.

And before anyone jumps on the "it's still in beta so what do expect line"... Yes, I am well aware that Monterey is still in beta, and I am well aware that the official line from VMware would probably be that they don't support beta releases of macOS. But macOS Monterey public beta has been out for a while now, is on its 6th iteration, and is due to be released in the next month or so. So you would think VMware must have an update in the works to fully support Monterey before the official release. Furthermore, Parallels Desktop released its yearly update near on a month ago with full support for Monterey.  

FS

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

They have stated that we'll see a version with ARM support "later this year", but they don't comment beyond that.  It's important to remember that parallels is focused on a more consumer grade product, while Fusion has to work across enterprise solutions (e.g. ESXi connectivity).  That adds a lot of complexity.

If past practice holds, we should see Monterey released in October.  I'd expect some sort of a fusion preview before that, and perhaps a production release close the the Monterey date.  No inside baseball knowledge there, just what we've seen before.  

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

I don't know about Fusion 13, but Fusion for Arm Silicon is getting closer by.

https://twitter.com/mikeroySoft/status/1435710030389547012

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos