VMware Communities
Paisquy
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Fusion 12 Unable to Turn On Virtual Machine

Hello all, 

I purchased and installed VMware Fusion 12 (Professional Version 12.1.0 (17195230) on mac OS Big Sur 11.1

Tried to set up several different virtual machines (Linux & Windows 10) and each time when trying to boot them up for the first time (from an ISO file) I receive the error message that turning on the corresponding *.vmx file failed

For example:

Einschalten von „/Users/paisquy/Virtual Machines.localized/HEFFTOR-Linux.vmwarevm/HEFFTOR-Linux.vmx“ fehlgeschlagen

In the documentation I couldn't find any hint what I am doing wrong. This doc as well as this one didn't help. The guest has enough resource regarding number of CPUs and RAM. I tried with a dynamic disk as well as pre-allocated disk space. The ISO files are fine, I checked their hash sums.

At the same time I could not locate any vmware.log on my computer to troubleshoot more precisely.

I am looking forward to your ideas on how I can investigate this issue.

Many thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
kuengverlag
Contributor
Contributor

So VMware Team, please answer on this problem, I have the same.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@kuengverlag 

VMTN isn't an official support forum, it is a user community forum. There are some employees who come on here, most of them help in their own time.

(While I am an employee, my role is internal-only and I do not work with the Fusion team)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos