When is the next version of Fusion coming out? WIll it support DirectX 11 or 12? WHich version of OpenGL and OpenCL will it support? Parallesl 14 is now out so I am hoping Fusion 11 is close to being released?
Check out the tech preview for your answers on what's coming. As for release date, Parallels often releases early and then has to rapidly patch when Apple makes late cycle changes in OSX. Fusion is more conservative, releasing later in the cycle and offering a more stable product. I expect we'll see it in September or October, depending on when we start seeing gold masters from Apple.
While it is true what dlhotka says, VMworld is in about a week, so there is a fair chance that the next VMware Fusion will be released at VMworld.
Either way, end of August, begin September is a popular time of releasing the new version when looking at the past (see Frequently Asked Questions about VMware Fusion )
Have yet to see any announcement for Fusion v11 at vmworld and no new technology preview releases.
If today I purchase v10 and plus purchase the Vagrant plugin, I run the risk that Fusion v11 will release in a month or two and I'll have to pay again to upgrade both products.
At VMworld during the Fusion&Workstation presentation it was said "we are going to be releasing real soon" so for the moment that is the best answer I can give you.
FWIW, I'd rather have VMware to delay with release until they are confident everything is fine instead of doing a quick release and then having to address a number of issues that could have been addressed before release.
Normally they also have a program where they publicly state that "buy now and you'll get a free upgrade once it is there".
So far I have not seen that statement.
I was wondering about that too. They're usually pretty quick with that once Parallels releases, so maybe that means that things are further off than we think?
I'm curious to see if there's any reference to Mojave's release schedule at the event next Wednesday.
Last weeks presentation is already available online here:
I wouldn't have seen it otherwise either as I wasn't able to attend this year.
We'll see what apple releases at next weeks event.
"FWIW, I'd rather have VMware to delay with release until they are confident everything is fine instead of doing a quick release and then having to address a number of issues that could have been addressed before release."
Absolutely and this is why I ditched Parallels and Virtualbox some time ago. I can count on rock solid performance with Fusion.
Believe that I'll wait until I see the public statement about "buy now and you'll get a free upgrade once it is there".
At 16:05 they announce Fusion v11 and he roughly says "we have a guarantee so if folks go out buy one of these today we're in our window right now and you'll automatically be upgraded to the latest and greatest when they are released, very soon.".
Ok, I can see how I missed that, it was a very quick - and kind of in between- statement.
Can you confirm that we are in the free upgrade window at the moment Mikero ?
Because the store Windows on Mac – Buy Fusion | VMware does not have that statement yet and it probably should if it is the case.
I too am wondering when VMware Fusion 11 will be out and the upgrade cost. Based upon what I have read it seems it increases DirectX support from DirectX 10.0 to DirectX 10.1.... I was hoping for 11 as I believe a lot of others were. I am not sure what it is going to do with keeping current on Apple's Metal. I also haven't heard anything about OpenGL and OpenCL improvements. I did hear something about supporting 3GB of VRAM, but I was hoping for more there too. If anyone has more of the missing info and especially with a source... I wold like to see it.
I'd expect to see a release announcement very shortly given that Apple gave a GA date. Haven't seen the gold master for macOS yet, but would expect that next week if not sooner.
Pretty sure the latest public/dev build of 10.14 is the RC.
In any case, they're releasing on Sept 24th... Which works out really well for us since we'll be shipping later that day 😃
(shh, don't tell anyone, okay? Wouldn't want that to leak out into the community forums or anything! )
(It's ok, I won't tell anyone)
Now, I just have to find out what to do about the day between my Fusion 10 trial running out on the 23rd, and Fusion 11 shipping.
It's also going to be my big return to Fusion, after being a Parallels customer for a number of years (and becoming increasingly despondent about their software).
I'm really looking forward to it!
That's a good news.
I have the 7 Pro version, is that version eligible to a Pro 11 upgrade ? or do I need to upgrade to v10 Pro first ?
Thanks a lot for your confirmation,