VMware Communities
thoughton
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Fusion 11 on macOS Mojave - issue with guest mouse pointer and extended screen

Hello,

I just upgraded to Mojave and Fusion 11, and I am experiencing that the mouse pointer stops functioning within a Win 7* x64 guest when I have "Use all displays in full screen"** enabled.

The mouse will start functioning again, for a short period, if I leave the guest and enter it again (swipe left/right).

This is consistent behaviour. I can return to "Use Single Display in Full Screen" and the mouse pointer behaves normally.

/TB

* Or indeed, Windows 8.1

** Further testing seems to indicate that the mouse pointer works OK on _one_ of the screens (until you move it to the other screen, and it freezes).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickShu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi thoughton,

Please confirm if you have added Fusion in the Accessibility list in System Preferences ==>Security&Privacy==>Privacy.

Regards,

-Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
thoughton
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I may have spoken too soon - it happens (at least on Win7) even if no external display is used; the delay varies before the "stuck pointer" occurs (gesture scrolling works fine).

My workaround is to keep the Win7 guest as the left-most "edge" and swipe left (thus not actually changing desktop).

Still, an annoyance. Hope someone else has this issue and that there is a fix.

0 Kudos
RickShu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi thoughton,

Please confirm if you have added Fusion in the Accessibility list in System Preferences ==>Security&Privacy==>Privacy.

Regards,

-Rick

0 Kudos
thoughton
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Many thanks. This appears to have solved the issue.

Is there an FAQ that explains the requirement for the "control your computer" privilege?

/T

0 Kudos