VMware Communities
000bwbadger
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Fusion 11.5.5 Breaking Change for a minor,minor release?

11.5.5 is a BREAKING change from prior minor version.

The release notes now includes a new "System Requirements" section which says "macOS 10.14 Mojave and newer versions."

Fair enough if the was VMware fusion 12.x.x but such a breaking change between two versions of 11.5.x is bonkers.  Suddenly un-supporting a platform in this way is bad.  Please revert this change and resume support for the platforms which have been included in the 11.5 release to date.

4 Replies
DGesmer
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed 100%.  Sure hope support for OSHS will be restored in a future update.  Please consider, VMWare!

000bwbadger
Contributor
Contributor

A response from VMWare would be good here.

Was this and intentionally breaking change or is the break inadvertent?

If intentional, should your customers be alert to, and plan for, the possibility of this kind of breaking change for minor-minor versions in future?

If unintentional,  can you confirm when a new minor-minor release will be available to resolve this (i.e. resume support for all platforms previously supported in 11.5)?

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

See this comment: Re: Unable To Upgrade To Fusion 11.5.5 From 11.5.3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
000bwbadger
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Scott,

The ticket you refer to (2954001) discusses issues with people trying to upgrade, not that once upgraded the 11.5.5 version is BREAKING in that some host platforms are no longer supported.

Though there is a comment in 2954001 which touches on the matter ... and refers back to this ticket, even asking for a response to this ticket.

Thanks again for responding, however the request for a response to the matter of supported platforms remains outstanding.

Regards

0 Kudos