VMware Communities
Dr_Gary
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMWareUser.exe Causing Issues in Fusion 3.1.3 / Win 7 x64...

Greetings,

I have a 2006 mac pro, 2 x quad core 3.0 GHZ Xeons, 18 GB RAM.  I am running Fusion 3.1.3 with a Windows 7 x64 Ultimate VM. I have configured the VM with 2 CPU's and 4 GB RAM.

When the VM is running...Windows Explorer will randomly "freeze" for 15-20seconds...during this time you cannot click on any folders, launch applications, etc. Then, after 15-20 seconds, the system interface seems to return to normal...this symptom will then re-occur every 20 minutes or so.  I have traced this issue directly to the VMWareUser.exe that is auto-started inside the Windows VM.

When I disable VMWareUser.exe...the symptom never occurs...when it is enabled, however, it always occurs.  I have read some other threads indicating high-CPU usage, etc. related to VMWareUser.exe.  By the way, I am not running any anti-virus in the VM at this time...to reduce the number of variables in the equation while chasing-down this issue.  I have also de-installed VMware tools...rebooted...re-installed VMware tools...rebooted...no change.

Is anyone else out there seeing this issue now?  Is there any fix available?

For now, I am simply disabling the auto-launch of VMWareUSer.exe in MSCONFIG....but I do miss the ability to cut and paste between the VM and the mac.

Thanks,

GKG

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dr_Gary
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This issue has been completely resolved in Fusion 4. 

VMwareUser.exe does not even exist in Fusion version 4...a replacement task, VMtoolsd.exe appears to now provide the "cut and paste" functionality between guest and host.  My VM runs just fine now...no lags, etc.  

0 Kudos